We have had a big weekend- we have done quite a lot of work in the yard and I have the sun burn to prove it. What a silly duffer I was by not putting sunscreen on but it was one of those cloudy days, which is no excuse but it happened and it is a bit sore.
What was great though is now we have a veggie garden, isn't it lovely. We have corn, grape tomatoes, capsicum, snow peas, strawberries, parsley, rosemary and mint. I'm not really a great gardener and many of them will probably die but I do have enthusiasm. We have also planted a lychee and lemon tree.
Both of the girls were really enthusiastic too, especially Princess as she understands a lot more. One of her chores this year has been to water the plants and seeds that we planted, she has done a really good job as we have now planted the seedlings into the front garden. We were also able to give them away as gifts which I think made her feel like she had done a really good job.
Hopefully we can keep up the interest in the garden as there is still quite a lot of work to do. But it really is great to do things as a family in the great outdoors
1 comment:
Wow! Ya'll have "backyards" with wooden fences and everything just like in America! I missed those fence (and the PRIVACY) in our "back garden" in the UK.
I hope I get to visit your country one day!
Post a Comment