Friday, February 6, 2009

In honesty

In honesty I don't know what actually to put in this post but I realised it has been getting close to a week since the last post and it is so easy to just read everyone elses' blog and figure you haven't much to say.

I haven't really much to say but I will start with a confession. Not once but twice this week I have had a serve case of the cranks. Aunt Erma has come for her monthly visit and rather than the usual pains that she causes she caused mostly emotional pains this visit. So I have not been in the best of moods and life in this household has moved very quietly. Gorgeous Husband was quite sweet and said that I haven't been 'that' bad. Oh husbands they always know what to say:)

Gorgeous Husband has also had a stressful week as his work is re-arranging alot of things and the current economic climate has not helped things any. So prayers would be lovely. Not necessarily for him to keep this job but that he is not placed in difficult circumstances. He is very employable so we would rather no job above working for a bad boss. The company is also moving offices and this makes his drive even longer. Once upon a time i would never had thought too much about it but we would love for him to be closer to home, whether he gets a job closer or that we move closer to his work. After all how could he possibly spend less time playing with these little scallywags.

What this week has really helped me to understand, along with Wednesday night Bible Study is that many things can be considered important, our jobs, our homes, our loved ones and our friends but we always need to keep our focus on what we have been placed on this earth for. Yes we can not simply say that these things don't need to be worried about but we need to keep them in perspective.

In class we read where Jesus heals Peter's Mother-in-law and how all the town's people came to visit and be healed, the next day Jesus went out early and prayed, we can only speculate on what he specifically prayed about but when Peter finds him and tell Jesus that he needs to come back to the house where all the people had gathered again Jesus tells Peter that they need to move on. Jesus says that for this purpose I have been sent.
Jesus reminded Peter of the goal, the purpose.

Sometimes I feel myself stressing about just about anything and everything but last week and this week I have been really comforted but simply remembering my purpose is not to accumulate but to give. My goal is not to hold on to my possessions like they are more important than life, my possessions are tools that we have been blessed with in order to do good works. I just need to be aware if I am going to lose them if it because of bad stewardship or if it is God's will for a purpose.

Well I have certainly taken a journey from Aunt Erma to life purpose but thought processes don't always take a structured path do they?

No comments: