And this is what I did with my spare time.
I copied the idea from another blog.
You can see my models are very thrilled with the results.
This morning we studied Hannah and one thing that was brought up in the study was how infertility was a major issue for a number of women in the Bible. Sarah, Rebekah and Leah all had infertility problems and so each of their husbands was able to take another wife or maidservant, because people in those times assumed it was the fault of the woman. Although in these three cases it was most likely right because each of the second wives were able to concieve.
What I found particularly interesting was the desire that each of these women had for a child. God used three example of infertility to bring up so many different issues, especially faith, but another issue that has particularly affected me too is the longing to become a mother. Probably five years ago I wouldn't have understood God's plan for motherhood.
My personal experience of the pangs and desires to bring children into the world happened when GH and I were told that it was highly unlikely that we would conceive a child, for various reasons. Before then I thought that some day GH and I would have children just because that is what most people do. But being told that it was 'highly unlikely' to happen brought me to tears, not simply a good cry, this was a sobs like nothing I have ever experienced in life. From that moment onwards I had so much difficulty getting the thoughts of becoming pregnant out of my mind. Each month that passed with a negative result made me more and more dishearten and only increased my desire to have a baby. I would try and prepare myself that maybe it wasn't God's plan for us to have children, people would tell me not to think about it and that it would just happen, but to stop thinking about it was just not really going to happen. We were living overseas, given the opportunity to visit places we had never been to and yet it was always difficult to get it out of my mind.
At the time I understood that these words written about Sarah, Rebekah and Hannah were to remind me that faith in God's plan was what I needed. But now I can read these words and stories and I know that God understands our desire to have children. God understands the hurt and sorrow that infertility causes. I believe He has included these stories in the Bible to let us know that we are not alone in our suffering. What I particular love about Hannah was that unlike the other two she took her sorrow to God. She knew her husband didn't understand her sorrow, her sister wife was taunting rather than sympathetic. Hannah knew that it was God alone who could give her comfort. After she had prayed and petitioned the Lord for a child, it was not said that she then knew that she would become pregnant, it simply tells us that she was comforted.
I love the Lord so much because I know that He will always understand my sorrows because He is there with me. I feel His graciousness in letting me know that, through the stories of these other women, I am not alone or the first to feel this way.
My story has been a blessed one where I went on to have an operation, and I truly believe that the gynecologist who was also the surgeon was a tool of God's in helping us to conceive our precious Princess.
But it really is just such an awesome thing to have God who understands us and really knows how we feel. I guess as a women that is what we long for and yet so many times make the mistake in thinking that our husbands, or any man for that matter should understand us. I know I need to put my faith and trust in God but it also feels so good that I can completely trust Him with my feelings too.
1 comment:
Can you post the blog where the instructs for the hair clips is? I'd like to make those for my granddaughters!
I'm glad you were able to overcome the initial prognostication of not being able to have children. Faith IS the victory - whether we get what we want or not, trusting that God is in control and knows best for us is so important. God wasn't happy with those men who took other wives or concubines - that is not his plan. Sarai and Abram are chided for their lack of faith of which they repented obviously. So many examples of how we fail our God, "get back up on the horse" and go back to Him. And he continues to bless.
Post a Comment