Well everyone, I know I am a little late but HAPPY NEW YEAR!
So in this post I am going to talk about the well hashed ramblings in new year tradition- resolutions! DO you have any? I am sure you have, nearly everyone secretly makes a little pact with themselves at this time of year, after all its a new year and we can't help but think of new beginnings, and in honesty I can't imagine there would be a person alive who would say- please make 2009 exactly the same as 2008- I don't want to change, I don't want to improve, I don't want to broaden my horizons in any way.
So in honor of the new year and in honesty which I like to think I use in my blog I will share my new years resolutions (there are a few)
1. To become a healthy person- yes I will admit it I would like to lose some weight but truthfully this is not the main issue- being sick, along with the girls, I know that there is something wrong with my life- which I am certain a better managed diet, and I would like to say more exercise but really it is just any exercise, is going to help. I also feel it that it is becoming increasing important with Princess becoming older to set an example for my girls. I know it gross but I have been getting Princess to eat salad by talking about this http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/health/nutrition/slideshow1_ss_yourbody_digestion
2. Manage my time and in turn the girls time. Princess is three and she is getting bored, in my head I know she is screaming out to learn new things and so this year we begin schooling, we will be setting up a schooling area at home and lessons begin in the new school year, I don't want to make it too boring or push her so that she won't enjoy school once she gets there but I feel it is important to put her good mind to use. The same goes with my mind too and so I will be encouraging myself to manage my time better in order to achieve more useful things with my life.
3. The main thing I hope to achieve is a better Bible memory, I read plenty of books about the Bible, Marriage and Parenting but what better book is there than the Bible itself.
4. And in order to help achieve number three I need to improve my prayer life and one of the main things I will be praying for is that I am able to achieve these resolutions.
Looking back really the order should have been reversed but I do believe that are all important and that they are all ways of making myself and my family more Christ like.
Oh I almost forgot this one which would have been quite convenient
5. To become a good steward with money and possessions. Yes this means budget but for no other reasons than to make sure I know what I am spending my money on and that it isn't wasteful. But this is also about looking after the things we already own. I watch as my parents take such good care of their possessions and they have had things for 10 years plus, they don't need to buy new things because they have taken such good care of the things they have. Unfortunately I have not always been like this but I think I have gotten better but I know there is room for improvement.
SO these are my resolutions, what are yours? You don't really have to share them, Gorgeous Hubby doesn't want to share his,( but I know I get them out of him;)) But if you want to share them with me I can pray for you as this year I will be adding a pray request book to my life and I would love to keep you in my prayers.
2 comments:
Wow! That's quite an ambitious list! I hope you are successful - especially in the Bible study arena!
My New Year's Resolutions are usually something I KNOW I can keep (like not jumping out of airplanes, not running over old people, not losing any weight, etc.) :) But this year I'll definitely take a stab at them - I have three but am not going to publish them until I'm well on the way to DOING them! :)
Happy New Year to you and yours as well - still seems weird to be sunny and warm at Christmas so you can actually go to the beach!
Great resolutions Iona.
Hope it all goes well.
Post a Comment