Monday, August 4, 2008

He's from Mars alright


This is not meant to be such a whinge but really this husband of mine really is from Mars. I just have trouble understanding him. I love him so much but his reasoning just doesn't make any sense to me. For example if I asked him to empty the dishwasher just one night a week he would argue about doing this.

Why because he would state that I would say that it would make me really happy but how long would that last for? Maybe a few weeks and then I would ask him to do just one more thing, and then another and another and before you know it he will be doing ALL the housework and going to work and looking after the girls.
What am I supposed to do with reasoning like that?

2 comments:

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

Quote scripture. "Outdo one another in showing love." And be sure to reciprocate.

Unknown said...

hhhmmmn- it's hard to get the balance right- I often feel like it's my responsibility to do all the housework as Paul brings in the money. But unless we live in a complete rubbish dump, then I can't seem to do it all by myself- it's impossible- I need his help too!!!! I think Paul realises this & doesn't think of it as part of my "happiness" as such. It's all to do with MENTAL HEALTH. If he wants a completely crazy unhinged depressed insane wife, then that's what he gets if he doesn't help! It makes life better for everyone if we work as a team. Plus there is another angle you could use- studies have shown that the more husbands help with the housework, the more sex they get...