
This blog is two fold. Firstly I have a friend whose birthday it is today and I haven't got to say hello to her in a while. I have decided against putting a a photo of you on the blog because I don't think you would want me to but it is good to tell you that I would have. So Happy Birthday friend and I hope this is a great year for you. Last one before we are really old:)

The second part of this entry is dedicated to mushrooms. I was just preparing dinner, a stew in the slow cooker and I was adding the mushrooms which were looking a little bit old and worse for wear. This in turn made me wonder how did people discover that we could eat some mushrooms and not others. Was it out of necessity. Was some poor sod lost in some mountainous region without food and decided that he would eat the mushroom even though he had been conditioned not to eat them because people previously had got sick or died from their consumption. Did he see that there were different types and tried one one day and waited to see if he felt sick and then tried another the next day. And then when he found the variety that he could eat did he try one on one day and then two the next and then three on day three.
Or did God let Adam know or Eve as I suppose she did the food preparation in the garden of Eden. But in the garden everything would have been edible. So did God let them know once they were exiled or did someone have to get sick or even died before it was discovered.
Life is interesting- everything has a story doesn't it.
No comments:
Post a Comment