I have to lucky friends who are going or by the time they read this they would have gone on a lovely couple retreat. Having kiddy winks a little older than mine they have been able to say "Now I need to be with just you" to their partner and I couldn't agree more wholeheartedly.
Isn't it funny just how easily children can worm their ways into the middle of your life before you even know it. The hard part is to let them know that that place really isn't best for them. My little princess is constantly at the moment uttering the words "Look at me, look at me". She is in constant need of attention and she knows just what to do to get it. Now I realise it is the perfect time for me to train her that she is not the centre of the family but she is a very important member of our family. I hope this doesn't sound too harsh I am just sharing my view and desire to have family dynamics that benefit all members of our ever so lovely family. Children need stability and one great stabling force is the union between their mum and dad. Get that right and you are at a great advantage in producing happy healthy family orientated children.
With Sweetness still quite young we can't go away for our 'couples only' retreat but we can try much harder to get our 'couch time' at home.
For more on couch time see- Enjoying my children.
2 comments:
Are you breastfeeding? If not, she's not too young for a weekend trip. We did that occasionally when the kids were little. Of course, we lived in the UK and had a child minder we'd hire for the weekend who we trusted implicitly - we had no grandmas or grandpas to fill in as they were all in Texas! But those stolen weekends were BLISS! And it was good for the kids as well - EVERYONE got a change of scenery and was happy when we all got back together again!
I am still feeding. I could almost miss out most during the day but the first of the day. She goes cray until she has it, like a little animal. Quite funny sometimes as big sister tries to distract her and she is like 'back off sister, nothing is getting between me and that thing".
Post a Comment