
Well on the 24th June we celebrated our 8th anniversary. When I say celebrate I use the term quite loosely. We have never really made much of an effort for our anniversary. I think for different reasons. One being it is my mum's birthday- Happy Birthday Mum (actually I don't really need to say that as mum has no idea about this page) But as I was saying because we place more of an emphasis on birthdays we often do the dinner celebration with my folks.
I think another reason is that I don't really feel that this day is a day either of us set aside for romance or the like. It does seem that our special days just happen spontateously. We don't plan a date otherwise it just gets built up only to disappoint, e.g Birthdays, Mother's Days, New Years, Valentine's Day. I do remember being younger and organising what was meant to be the best New Years ever, of course plenty of things went wrong, even a couple pretty much broke up this night. I guess it has taken me a long time but the best times I have had in my life have been moments that have just come about by last minute plans, like trips to the beach on a Saturday afternoon, or family walks around the neighbourhood.
In any case it was lucky this year that we didn't make any plans because I have been sick, Gorgeous Husband has a cold sore, and now Gorgeous Husband is sick too. He is home today from work because of his sickness- hey maybe we might get a great moment sometime today if I am lucky.
I was also very blessed because Gorgeous Husband did buy me some lovely tulips which was the flowers we had at our wedding. And I think the colour yellow because he seems to have a thing about buying me yellow flowers, the first flowers he ever bought me were yellow too.
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! We always celebrate our anniversary - but rarely ON the actual date. Between living overseas most of our almost 32 years and Mike's travel for business, the times we've actually BEEN together on our anniversary could probably be counted on one hand! But we do make it a point to have a really nice meal out somewhere and play "remember when" - and with 31 years, 3 children, 3 weddings and 5 grandchildren under our belt, we have plenty to talk about!
The tulips are just gorgeous!
Happy anniversary Iona & David!
Hope you all feel better soon.
Love the tulips- they are gorgeous- now that is romantic I think!
Usually Paul & I have lovely anniversaries- they tend to be more special than other occasions for us. But this year we had a very young bub so it was a Wendy's hot dog & milkshake in the park (believe it or not I had been craving the hot dog all pregnancy but I felt sooo sick afterwards!)
Have a lovely evening!
Happy Anniversary! Many more happy years to you guys. Doesn't time seem to fly! 8 years!
Post a Comment