I haven't decided which angle to take in this blog yet, whether to share my life events, (which would mostly be what my lovely girls have been doing) or to share my extraordinary life pondering, (lol). I imagine both.
Well today has been rather enjoyable as I have been able to share some time and thoughts with other christian women. Today we studied Tamar (Judah's dil). Here are some observations we made on her life and lesson we can take from her.
1. Her life was a rollercoaster of events. E.g Married Er (yeah) Er was evil and killed by God (boo) Married to Onan- kinsman redeemer (yeah) Onan evil deed and was killed by God (boo) Sent home (boo) Judah breaks his promise (boo) Tamar cultivates and enacts her plan (not a very nice thing), Judah wants her burnt for adultery (boo) Judah acknowledges children as his(yeah)
2. Another thing is that life does not turn out as we plan.
3. God has a purpose of all things in our lives (good and Bad)
4.We need to take action in our lives, and yet we need to be aware of the difference between righteous actions and unrighteous. (Lucky for us God shows us mercy when we do make unrighteous actions and yet makes it clear to sin no more)
5. We need to learn how to deal with the hard, unrighteous and difficult times in our lives. Some suggestions a) Prayer b)comfort from family and friends c) chocolate :)
Tamar life circumstances and actions are really hard to ponder and study because her actions were so ...difficult to imagine and yet through her lineage came Jesus. She is actually named in Matthew.

In other news a clothes dryer fell on my head on Monday, which was quite eventful. Luckily I was not badly injured, I think it was mostly shock but I do feel very blessed to have such wonderful people who I could call on in my time of need. As you can see from the photo it really ended up being quite a small, I might even say tiny cut with a bruise underneath. I must say I am a bit disappointed as it did hurt and I would have liked a bit more colour in my bruise maybe some blue or purple.
And lastly I would like to say thank-you to my sil Bec who introduced me to this new medium and I hope you don't mind me copying you:)
1 comment:
cGreat lesson, it was very encouraging.
Looking forward to reading your blog!
Post a Comment