Firstly there is nothing like a health scare in the family to make you aware that we really need to look after ourselves. I mean I really shouldn't be looking at dieting to lose weight, I need to be thinking that I need to be healthy so that I can be around for my girls. I know that even though people may do these things such as the strange concept called exercise or healthy eating I still think it is important to know our bodies and not leave it to the last minute to get it checked out. Just typing this has made me remember that I keep promises myself to get some moles checked out, I just need to do it, this is the only physical body I am getting.
The other issue I have been thinking about is my very messy house.


I was taking photos of my lovely girls and just look at the terrible backgrounds. I know, I know I should consider my camera angle a bit more but really it is like this at just about every angle. Anyway I having been reading a book that mentions that life is something that has cycles. In this particular cycle I have a very 'busy' house with toys and food and clothes strewn all over BUT this too shall pass. One day I will be able to have a neat front room, the messes may be contained to the girls rooms, who knows maybe my girls may take after their grandmas and have neat rooms (highly unlikely, but I can dream). One day the girls will be all grown up and I will enter a new mothers house and I will long for this time when there were toys all over my house. I just need to remember when Princess decides that her little kitchen toys look better when they are scattered all over the house rather then in their proper places to CHILL, and to RELAX. "There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven" Eccl 3:1.
1 comment:
Kids = messes. Period. And if you have kids and have a neat, tidy house all the time, either YOU need therapy or your kids will. So there. You are normal.
And as an empty-nester, I go up to those usually empty rooms and wish them messy again because that means the family is here, living, doing messy life things. The grandkids just left about a week ago and I finally got myself to tidy up the children's playroom and the "nursery" (where the older ones sleep) as I knew, once I got up there, I'd be in tears missing them.
I'm not trying to give you one of those "oh enjoy them they'll be gone before you know it blah blah blah" speeches. Goodness knows when my kids were little, there were days I would have happily sold them to the gypsies from sheer frustration and exhaustion. I just don't want you to be too hard on yourself as children have their own sphere of lovely chaos and it's just part and parcel of the job.
As they get a bit older, they will have their own chores to pick up and tidy, which is harder to have done than doing it yourself but I urge you to persevere.
Your two darlings are just that - DARLING!
Post a Comment