Monday, July 21, 2008

What a lovely weekend

I have just enjoyed a very lovely weekend with my gorgeous family. I don't really have too much to share except that I got to have a nice quiet Saturday having brunch with the ladies from my prayer group (without any children in tow). And then in the afternoon I mowed the lawn. I know a lot of ladies don't like me sharing this as they don't wish their husbands to get any ideas but it is actually a job I prefer over most jobs I need to do at home. If I had a choice of mopping the house or mowing the yard I know where I would choose. I get out into the sunshine and I can make a series of patterns in the lawn as to whether I go around the garden or up and down or across, and that all I really need to think about when I am doing it. Another good thing is the exercise and lastly the sense of achievement when I am cleaning the mower at the end looking at my freshly mowed lawn. Love it!

This is an old photo and not all that good of Princess but the lawn looks nice doesn't it.
In truth I remember that the smell of fresh lawn clipping was one of the things I missed most when I was stuck inside our apartment in Windsor (UK). My dad is a big mower, he likes the lawn to be just right and in summer he sometimes mows every weekend. I know I have said it before but I am really looking forward to summer, it will be a great year. Princess will love to play outside (with hat of course) and Sweetness will be walking and able to have lots of fun playing outside too.
I love living in Australia:)

3 comments:

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

I hate mowing the lawn but that's because I have horrible allergies and it makes me sick. Our DIL Megan likes mowing the lawn as does my friend Marilyn (although she has a riding lawnmower - now I might break down and do it on that! :)

Glad you had a lovely weekend! And it's always good to be HOME.

Unknown said...

I wish we lived closer- you could mow my lawn anytime!!!!!

Nicole Whaley said...

Smelling a freshly cut lawn always reminds me of weekends growing up when my dad mowed the lawn.
Good for you getting variety in your 'chores' :)
Nicole