
Then by God's grace Moses then found his way into the bull rushes where Pharaoh's daughter found him. Maybe this was the plan of Jochobed but we can not be sure. Who could have predicted what would happen next. We all just take it for granted that this woman would show mercy and take this baby in, but considering the circumstances that surround it. One lady at our bible study today mentioned that Moses was said to be beautiful because that would have made him more attractive for Pharaoh's daughter. But even if this is correct Pharaoh's daughter must have been quite something too in saving Moses' life. Can you imagine- hello dad, hello husband, look what I found today. Yes father I know you said that they all had to die but I have decided to keep this one as my own. I wrong it might look a bit funny to everyone else that your daughter is disobeying your decree but I AM keeping him.
Amazing really aren't these women. I won't mention Miriam right now because a) this blog is long enough and B)I am doing the next study and it is on Mariam so I want to think her through some more.
One other thing I wanted to note was just how blessed I am to have women of similar character to these women. No I wasn't going to be thrown in the river at birth, but I have women who have looked after me and protected me. My mother took care of my needs as a child. She also sheltered me by sending me to school where I was in a Christian environment. Even now she gives me encouragement and help with raising my own children. My other mother provides comfort and encouragement and relief, she spurs me on to be a good mother and to protect my family as she has hers. Listen I could go on and on about all these ladies I know who provide me with such excellent examples of faith, courage and strength as women and mothers but I have written so much already. I think I might without naming names do that in upcoming blogs because I really want to share these wonderful people I have in my life.
2 comments:
Yes, women have shaped lives and perhaps altered history. Rahab - a "lady of the night" - yet she sheltered and hid the spies and her family was saved. She's mentioned by name in the lineage of Christ!
And older women are told to teach the younger ones in the New Testament. The church is a brotherhood but how precious is this sisterhood we all have as well!
Looking forward to your upcoming posts Iona- I am feeling very very strong for the sisterhood recently!!!!
Post a Comment