Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Character
When we think about character what is it that we think of?
Recently we had the great priviledge to hear a guest lecturer from the US who talked about the importance of us seeing ourselves as a part of God's Story. Of course coming from the dramatic background I like to consider that we are characters who have parts in God's Story. Each of us have the choice as to how we play our parts. Some of us only want bit parts that flit on and off the stage, maybe the audience members wouldn't even notice their presence. Others again have loud voices, booming across the stage but are there one minute and gone the next, maybe choosing to be a part of His Story on Sundays but for the rest of the week they are 'in another story'. The challenge to me was to keep myself on the stage, I don't need a spotlight, I don't need to be talking all the time but I need to live there, I need to work there, I need to be on the stage in His presence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment