Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Review
I'm not reviewing anything much, just my own blog. I was showing Sweetness the dress she wore at Her uncle's wedding and start looking at some of my posts back in 2008. Funny that I forgot that I posted on issues rather than my own children. I think now I am trying to guard my opinions not because I worry that the world will disagree with me but more because I think that it is important as a Christian to not appear judgemental or that I have the answers for all of life's problems. I have been learning more everyday that my opinion may not very well be in line with what Jesus would have said and that is a shock to my system. I realised that my belief have been passed on from others who I thought would have it right but although they may seem biblical they are far from Jesus' teachings. It is very funny to think about how much we 'knew' as a young person and that with age it seems we grow in uncertainty rather than assurance. When we think we know it all and have all our beliefs and opinions worked out then watch out because rest assured a great challenge will come and knock you for a six!
In saying all that I am becoming more content in what I know and I believe, that is due to the fact that I do not need to fix this world, it is not up to me, it will not be done by me. It is God who will achieve this and it will not be done in my time or the way I want but in His time and by His ways. I just need to stay close to Him and rely on Him and not this world.
Our days now are spent most often around the table doing book work but we also take the occasional break and take field trips to the Library, shops, the front road, music class and the other day we went to a Rural discovery day. Princess milked both a goat (that's Princess with the back pack on)and cow which surprised me greatly while Sweetness our animal loving girl kept away. She was happy to pat them though.
We also had great grandma's 100th Birthday morning tea and the girls all dressed in red to match the theme colours.




Life is very blessed in our household and even though things are not perfect I know that it is on the good things that we must dwell :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment