Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First day back at school

Princess really wasn't happy about going back to school, she was quite nervous about starting year one. At the end of Prep the teachers were telling her that she would need to tie her own laces. She would need to do homework, that she would have to do things for herself. As you can imagine the thought of year one would have her sad at the thought of giving up her 'fun' prep.

So when she had to enter her new classroom without mummy being able to enter for long (and today not at all) it made us both feel like crying.

So driving back to pick her up that day I was sad to think that I had to leave her all day long when she was feeling so sad but I am sure no one would be surprised to hear that she LOVES year one.
Her teacher is so nice. There is some new girls in her class (and 1 boy) which means there is 8 boys and 20 girls. I think at their age the teacher is pretty lucky to have such an easy class.

It was also funny how even up to last night she was missing her sisters at school but then this afternoon she got into the car and her sisters start demanding attention from her and she mentions how nice it is to be at school to have some time away from her pesky sisters.



I am sad not to have her home with us but it does make it nice to hear what a great time she has at school.

This time last year- how much has she grown.

No comments: