Friday, May 7, 2010

Oh what a night

I guess I only want to record this night because it was a hard one and it is a way I can remind myself that even when things do get a bit difficult I have the most wonderful little family.

My night started well little baby had her feed at 8.40pm while I watched the end of Glee. We then went straight to bed.

Two hours later I hear Sweetness cry out and both GH and I knew straight away something was wrong. Sweetness had thrown up, all over her bed and pillow. One of us strips her off and new pjs while the other changes sheets. My tummy starts making digestive noises now too.

Within 5 minutes Sweetness is sick again. Did I mention we only have two sheet sets for her bed. We hope that she has got it all up and put her into bed with us. We check on Princess and think it is strange she is wide away around 12.

Of course Sweetness has not finished and so our bed gets a new change of sheets. We realise we too only have 2 pairs and so I take Sweetness to the couch. Poor little thing is sick more times. Another check on wide awake Princess prompts Hubby to give her a dish just in case.

New baby is now stirring so I figure I should feed her while I am up but she refuses. Hubby takes couch with sweetness and after a few more episodes we bring her in to the foot of our bed on a mattress, blankets and towels. By this time we are running out of clean towels etc.

2.30am Princess is heard moaning. Clever little girl managed to get it all in her dish. One less sheets to change.

Sweetness continues to wake and be sick. Her last time at 3am.

3am also is the time new baby decides its time for her feed. I can not believe she has slept through 6 hours. Baby feeds and then decides rather than going back to sleep she would get me up again to change her clothes and nappy.

3.30am I am finally back in bed in hopes of getting some sleep.

Around 6 new baby stirs for another feed and Princess comes into bed.

Oh what a night!

I hope my dear visitor have not been infected too, so sorry if you have.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear- what a nightmare! Poor girls- I hope they are feeling better now. Also hope you don't get sick either.
My Wednesday night was not as bad as yours but I had a sick husband who needed a locum at midnight for a severe throat infection, & a sick toddler who appeared at my bedside at 3.30am & proceeded to kick me and sleep ON TOP OF me until 6am when I had to get up to go to work... The joys of parenting, hey!!!!

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

I think something is going around the WORLD with this bug! Mike and I have had it all week since Tuesday, so have many others in Houston and friends all across Texas. It's insane! So sad when the little ones get it though. Hope all is better soon! And be sure to stock up on more sheets next white sale time - "if you have them, you won't need them" is my motto! :)

Unknown said...

Yes a few more sheets sets isn't a bad idea. Going into our light winter maybe a flannel set.
I feel a bit bad I thought I made it sound like lack of sleep was bad part but really watching poor Sweet girl retch was heart breaking. Although she had completely forgot about it by morning.