Monday, May 18, 2009

LA La Land and goodbye Disney

Right now I am struggling to remember a few things, I must be getting old, but here is how our last few days in LA went.
On Sunday we meet with a congregation in Rosewood, which had maybe 100-150 people. The rest of the afternoon was spent shopping with a last ditch attempt to see the fireworks but it was too windy, actually maybe I am wrong and it was this night that we headed back and saw the parade- which is not that great- apparently they changed just recently to this parade from the Princess parade which my girls probably would have preferred- never mind.
On the Monday we went on a tour of LA.










First we headed to the main strip of LA and the Chinese theatre, I had wanted to see Marilyn's hand prints since I was about 12. Coincidentally Hugh Jackman had his done just a few days before hand.
Then we did a tour through Beverly Hills looking at some enormous houses and compounds.
It was the Farmer's Market for lunch and where I saw my one and only celebrity- Jack from Days of Our Lives.
Afterwards we went to the beaches popular in LA- Santa Monica and ummm the beach where everyone goes to pose at, which to me had some questionable characters around.
On Tuesday we then had one last morning session at Disney and then it was on the bus and up to the mountains.
We had a great time at Disney which was made especially great being around family.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like this part of the trip was great- looking forward to hearing about the next installment ; )

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

When our son and his wife were there a couple of weeks ago, they too went up to Hollywood - and were quite taken aback by how "seedy" that part of town was. And going to see that theater, they didn't even stop because it looked like a dangerous part of town. They enjoyed the beach and all - they were in OC I think.

Unknown said...

it is a bit daunating as people are there to take full advantage of you. They are dressed up as some of the characters and want to charge you for photos. There was a really old looking Princess Leila. A Jack Sparrow gave Princess a balloon sword and then put his hand out for money- I just walked on by.

Gabriel Hauber said...

I also visited that Chinese theatre and had lunch at the Farmers Market just a couple days earlier! On that same Sunday morning I visited with the Hollywood church and met some lovely people there.