Monday, May 11, 2009

Day three of our US holiday

After another delicious breakfast of pancakes we head off back to the theme park. This time we spilt up into small family groups and we decide it is time to meet the Princesses. At the time we didn't realise that Disney was alot more crowded that day and that even though the line didn't appear to be anywhere near as long as others this line only moved at a snails pace and only one family went in at a time. We had no idea really what we were waiting to see and then we over heard someone say that it was an opportunity for you child to meet three Princesses and have their photos taken. We asked our little Princess if she wanted to stay in line even though it may take awhile and her answer made it very clear that we were staying. So TWO HOURS of queuing later and we finally get the chance to meet Ariel,

Belle

and Jasmine.

After Princess was such a good girl we decided she deserved a treat and we let her get her face painted.

I guess what I really learnt from this experience was that I have a really patient girl. Sweetness fell asleep in our arms for the most part but little Princess just stood there talking about how exciting it was and watching all the other children running around and whinging. This is not to say that Princess doesn't whinge, she most certainly does but it was a nice experience where I got to see another side to her.

After the Princesses we hit Toon Town I think that's what it is called and we happened to run into this fella

He was very nice and thanked our girls for coming all the way from Australia to meet him.

That afternoon the lovely grandparents watched the littlies and Gorgeous Husband and I go to go on some of the faster rides which was fun. I must admit once upon a time I would get nervous on these rides but I think now I am almost thirty I am now hoping for a thrill and then the ride fails to really create much fear in me and therefore not the required thrill I expect. That is not to say I didn't have fun because I did and just listening to my bil's nervous laughter made me giggle in turn.

On this day I think it was we went to the Rainforest cafe for lunch which was lots of fun and in itself quite an experience.

1 comment:

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

I'm so pleased you had fun at Disneyland! I haven't been there since I was 17 (lo, those many years past...) but we go to Disney World in Florida annually to bi-annually and have a BLAST! It's been so fun taking the grandchildren now - we always go "en masse" with the entire family.

It truly is a "magical" place, in my opinion.