Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sacred Influence


I first read Sacred Marriage last year, I loved it and found it a wonderful insight into God's purpose of marriage. I enjoyed it enough that I then moved on to Sacred Parenting. This also brought lots of insight and many tears to my eyes.

Now I am on to his (Gary Thomas) third book Sacred Influence. I am only on to the fifth chapter but I wanted to share a small excerpt.

In her book Capture His Heart, Lysa TerKeurst tells of boarding a shuttle bus at the airport, where she met a sixty-year-old man who said something very simple but astonishing. Lysa commented that people must love to see the shuttle bus pull up, because it means they're going home. the driver laughed. "Yeah, everyone is excited to see me pull up to the curb. That's why I like my job so much. People get on the bus and smile so big. They've just been waiting for me and when I finally arrive, they are happy i'm here. I've often wished I had a video camera to tape people as they get on my bus with the smiling faces and glad-to-see-ya comments. I'd love for my wife to see a tape like that. That's the way I've always wanted her to look when I come home from work"

I would imagine he would have accepted quite a bit of overtime.

No comments: