Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just to make sure I don't get too slack

Here is a post that I am encouraging myself to write even though I don't have too much to say. So of course out come some photos.
Have I told you that Sweetness is now trying to feed herself.

And me, "want some?"

Two of the cutest bottoms hard at work.

Last week or maybe it was two weeks ago we had a lovely smile looking down on us, my photos were terrible but you can sort of see it here.

In other news I am a little disheartened as ever since we have moved in to our lovely house I have had nothing but praise for everything, well here is my first whinge. The people in the house behind have recently moved out and the new people have moved in. It is now school holidays here and so I have discovered that new neighbours has a teenage boy. And he has lots of friends and so they were all swimming in their pool. This is not my problem, I really don't have much of a problem with noise (how can I when I have two very loud noisy girls at home). No the problem is that these boys were swearing like truckers. I have no idea if mum or dad were home, I am hoping not which would further explain the brazen language but grumble grumble, I do not want swearing around my children.
Princess often hears things from various places, eg TV, and she repeats much of what she hears, how is she meant to know what is permissible at three years of age? We have now changed many of our viewing habits as shows that we once thought nothing of we now realise are completely inappropriate, especially for a three year old.
I understand that we can not shut our children in a little isolated fairyland but to have this foul language coming from our backyard really annoys me.

1 comment:

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

I think you are entirely within your rights to go visit them and politely ask that they watch their language given the age of your girls. I've had similar experiences when my kids were little and typically got a good response. It won't hurt to try! At the very least, have your husband to have a word with them - Daddies may have more pull with "men-folk" than moms I'm afraid. I wish you success! No one should have to hear that in their own home.