



I feel so very blessed by my family. This past weekend has been ever so lovely. We decided to go to the coast on Saturday morning and it was such a joy. Sweetness had been quite sick at the beginning of last week and on Wednesday and Thursday a new tooth came through too. She was not like herself at all, she would follow me around just crying and crying. And then Friday she woke up back to her old self and it certainly made me realise what a gorgeous baby girl I have.
Anyway we had a great time at the beach even though the water was a bit cold still. Princess thought that she really wanted to swim in the sea, especially after she received a swimming ring for her birthday but after testing the water for a few minutes she had decided that it was not worth the cold waters. Sweetness was loving eating the sand and generally just crawling around watching all the action.
In the afternoon we did some yard work. Yep you guessed it I did the mowing. Loved the end result. My gorgeous husband also was involved this time as he received a whipper snipper for his birthday (which is on Wednesday) and he did the edges.
So it was great to come home today after church and sit out on the lawn with my family and eat our pies and cakes on the freshly mowed grass. There is truly nothing I love more than the enjoyment of just being with the ones I love, lying out the grass or beach and looking up at the most beautiful blue sky.
1 comment:
I guess your spring is upon you as our autumn begins? We had a lovely day yesterday driving down to Austin to visit my son's family with my daughter and her two boys "in tow" for a day of visiting, shopping for children's clothing, eating out and enjoying being with each other. I'm totally with you on the doing things surrounded by the people you love thing! It's just heaven on earth, isn't it?
I hate yardwork though. :)
Post a Comment